Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Currently

It's June!

I love June.  Not as much as July (it's my birthday month), but I do love it.  For a teacher, June is the perfect month.  For me, we still have 2 1/2 months off, so plenty of summer play time left, but we have been out of school long enough, that I start thinking about next year.  I dream about my classroom in that "new teacher, new class" kind of way.  So much promise, hope, and new ideas to think about. Also, the whirlwind of meetings and actual school life has not taken over yet and dampened my spirit about how much I can really accomplish once school starts again. I just love a fresh start! 

But, alas, it is still June and I have so much time left  to dream... so on to my June currently and blog link up.

My June Currently:



***One of my teacher friends/co-workers asked for directions on how to link up with Farly's currently and then how to create one, so I figured others might want to know as well.  There might be a better way, but this is how I figured out how to create my currently.***

Step one: Visit http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

Step two: click on the picture of the June currently and save to your computer.


Step three: Use an online photo editing program like pixlr.com

Step four: Use pixlr (Advanced link) to add text to your picture.  If you have fun fonts saved to your computer you can use these automatically in pixlr!



Step five: Save Me! (JPEG is fine)


Step six: Add me to you blog.

Good Luck!!! Don't forget to link up on Farly's website (listed above) and follow her rules about comments :)

Also, I want to know how you feel about June.  Have you had enough time to process the school year yet? are you still finishing up? do you have any fantastic summer plans?  Love to hear about them all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! I found your blog through Farley's Currently. :)

    I, too, loooove June. (Happy birthday month, by the way!) We had our last day of school yesterday, so we only have today left as a "teacher work day," and then I am freeeee for the summer -- what a glorious feeling!! It's always a fast but great break, and then I feel refreshed for the new school year.

    Have a great day!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz,

    I use "Paint" to edit my currently picture - thanks for sharing about the online editors.

    Thanks for stopping by my site!

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches Science!

    ReplyDelete