Thursday, February 5, 2015

Where have I been??? Plus a Tech Tip!

It's been a year while since I posted on here.  Life has been so busy. Going from 1 kid to 2 took it's toll on me.  I had a difficult pregnancy with my 2nd baby, I was sick for almost the entire pregnancy, very tired and ended up having my gallbladder taken out when baby #2 was 8 weeks old.  

Aren't they cute!


Now that G is almost a year old, life is settling into a new routine and I plan to get back to blogging a about what is happening in my classroom! For today, I want to share a quick tip for a new app/website that my technology integration teacher shared with me.  Plickers! My kids LOVE it.  It is so simple to set up, print the response cards and download the app.  You create questions for the kids that show up on your smartboard or projector.  The kids use their individual card to select their answer.  Then you can revel the correct answer and you can immediately see who understood the lesson, and who needs reteaching, or if the whole class missed the concept.  Plickers is available on android or apple products and you only need one device to make it work!

View from the camera on your phone or tablet
See immediate results!!!

Sample of the student Cards

The plickers website definitely could use some updates that would allow teachers to print results and the ability to put picture into questions, but I have heard they are working on adding some of these features in the future.  Regardless, as soon as my students pull out their plickers cards, engagement goes from a few to 100% participation.  The immediate feedback for the students is a huge benefit and I am hoping that after our next assessment, I will see a major improvement in student achievement. Hope you find this site as useful as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment